Bill and I started this journey over five years ago. Before we were even married, we shared witheach other our individual dreams of someday having a Christian Addiction Centre. We never let go of those dreams. Bill and I married and “our dreams” became “our dream”. I would like to say… “and then we lived happily ever after and realized our dream”. Nope, did not happen that way. God stretched us and broke us, healed us and gave us patience. God chuckled at us and with us and God sent us on vacation to San Jose del Cabo. Here in beautiful Los Cabos on the Baja peninsula God worked on us in ways that can only be described as God´s Way. Here we labored and gave birth to a not for profit, non-exploitive men´s Rehabilitation Centre called Palabra de Vida.You may have noticed Jeremiah 33:3 at the top of our story. This is the bible verse that we stand on and describes our journey here in Los Cabos with Palabra de Vida.
Bill y yo comenzamos este trayecto hace más de cinco años. Incluso antes de casarnos, cada uno teníamos sueños individuales de algún día llegar a tener un centro cristiano de rehabilitación de las adiciones. Nunca soltamos aquellos sueños. Bill y yo nos casamos y “nuestros sueños” se convirtieron en “nuestro sueño”. Me hubiese gustado decir: “Y vivimos felices para siempre y cumplimos nuestro sueño”. Pero no, las cosas no sucedieron así. Dios nos llevó al límite, nos puso retos, nos quebrantó, sanó y nos dio paciencia, Dios se rió de nosotros y con nosotros y nos envió de vacaciones a San José del Cabo. Aquí en el bello Los Cabos en la península de Baja California, Dios trabajó en nosotros en maneras que solo puedo describir como La Manera de Dios. Aquí fue donde laboramos y dimos a luz a un centro de rehabilitación para hombres, sin fines lucrativos ni de explotación, llamado: Palabra de Vida. Quizá notaste el versículo Jeremías 33:3 en la parte superior de nuestra historia. Este es el versículo en el cuál nos basamos y describe nuestra jornada con Palabra de Vida aquí en Los Cabos.
- Palabra de Vida Rehabilitation Centre (PDV) opened its doors on May 24, 2012.
- Palabra de Vida is a not for profit Christian organization designed to provide a long term solution to one of the largest global social problems that exists today…ADDICTION!
- PDV is a residential 24 hour, 7 day a week, 10 month program for men who are willing and want to change their lives.
- The mission of Palabra de Vida Rehabilitation Centre is to eliminate the stigma of addictions and to aid in the transformation of men, women and families who are affected by and struggle with alcohol and drug addictions.
- The vision of Palabra de Vida Rehabilitation Centre seeks to provide the necessary tools for the drug addict and alcoholic to be restored, equipped and safely integrated back into the community as a healthy and wholly transformed person.
- PDV is a place of belonging, education, integration and transformation. PDV embodies compassion and extends empathy to all those struggling with and affected by addiction.
- Palabra de Vida offers a variety of educational classes such as understanding addiction, life-skill classes, biblical studies, English as a second language as well as working with the community to bring educational upgrading to the men in the program. We also provide professional therapeutic modalities such as cognitive behaviour therapy, narrative and talk therapy, psychological assessments, relapse prevention, individual counselling and group therapy.
- It is a place of acceptance and encouragement for addicts, alcoholics and their families.
- PDV provides a safe, joy filled and nurturing environment for all who come through their doors.
- Palabra de Vida Rehabilitation Centre stands against exploitation and abuse of addicts.
- Palabra de Vida is a completely legal and transparent organization and is recognized by all levels of the Mexican government including SAT and Hacienda.
- PDV has the ability to receipt all donations in Mexican, Canadian or American donation pesos/dollars.
- PDV has a dream of establishing a men’s transition/sober independent living facility for those graduating from our 10 month program, and an even greater dream of building a women’s centre for women struggling with violence, abuse and addiction.
- PDV seeks to enhance, work in complement with and strengthen the Greater Los Cabos community.